By Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers is a completely up to date model of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 publication that keeps and expands at the original's distinctive acoustical basics whereas including useful formulation and simulation tools.
Serving either as a textual content for college kids in engineering departments and as a reference for working towards engineers, this ebook makes a speciality of electroacoustics, studying the habit of transducers due to electro-mechano-acoustical circuits. Assuming wisdom of electric circuit thought, it begins through guiding readers during the fundamentals of sound fields, the legislation governing sound new release, radiation, and propagation, and common terminology. It then strikes directly to examine:
- Microphones (electrostatic and electromagnetic), electrodynamic loudspeakers, earphones, and horns
- Loudspeaker enclosures, baffles, and waveguides
- Miniature functions (e.g., MEMS in I-Pods and cellphones)
- Sound in enclosures of all sizes, similar to study rooms, places of work, auditoriums, and residing rooms
Numerical examples and precis charts are given in the course of the textual content to make the cloth simply acceptable to functional layout. it's a worthwhile source for experimenters, acoustical experts, and to people who expect being engineering designers of audio equipment.
- An replace for the electronic age of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 e-book Acoustics
- Provides particular acoustic basics, allowing greater knowing of advanced layout parameters, size tools, and data
- Extensive appendices disguise frequency-response shapes for loudspeakers, mathematical formulation, and conversion factors
Read Online or Download Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers PDF
Best acoustics & sound books
"Completing Transition: the most demanding situations" was once the subject round which the Oesterreichische Nationalbank and the Joint Vienna Institute equipped a high-level convention in 2000, in a continuation of long-standing efforts to advertise the discussion and figuring out among numerous areas in Europe. Given the heterogeneity of the transition nations of primary and japanese Europe and the heterogeneity of development towards convergence, the outlook for completing transition is divergent.
The MIDI guide is an entire reference on MIDI, written by way of a well-respected sound engineer and writer. This best-selling consultant presents a transparent clarification of what MIDI is, easy methods to use digital tools and an evidence of sequencers and the way to exploit them. you are going to the right way to manage an effective MIDI method and the way to get the easiest from your tune.
An authoritative reference on all points of audio engineering and know-how together with uncomplicated arithmetic and formulae, acoustics and psychoacoustics, microphones, loudspeakers and studio installations. Compiled through a world group of specialists, the second one version used to be up-to-date to maintain abreast of fast-moving parts reminiscent of electronic audio and transmission expertise.
The content material of this publication is multidisciplinary by way of nature. It makes use of mathematical instruments from the theories of likelihood and stochastic approaches, partial differential equations, and asymptotic research, mixed with the physics of wave propagation and modeling of time reversal experiments. it's addressed to a large viewers of graduate scholars and researchers attracted to the interesting phenomena with regards to waves propagating in random media.
- Ton am Set. Audioaufnahmen für Film-, TV- und Videoproduktionen (German Edition)
- Why You Hear What You Hear: An Experiential Approach to Sound, Music, and Psychoacoustics
- Active Control of Aircraft Cabin Noise (Computational and Experimental Methods in Structures)
- Vibro-Acoustics, Volume 3
- Ultrasonic Physics
Extra resources for Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers by Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow