By Ian Worthington
- Traces the increase of rhetoric and its makes use of from Homer to Byzantium
- Covers wider-ranging themes reminiscent of rhetoric's dating to wisdom, ethics, faith, legislations, and emotion
- Incorporates new fabric giving us clean insights into how the Greeks observed and used rhetoric
- Discusses the assumption of rhetoric and examines the prestige of rhetoric stories, current and future
- All quotations from historic assets are translated into English
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar rhetoric books
George Kennedy's 3 volumes on classical rhetoric have lengthy been considered as authoritative remedies of the topic. This new quantity, an intensive revision and abridgment of The paintings of Persuasion in Greece, The paintings of Rhetoric within the Roman global, and Greek Rhetoric less than Christian Emperors, presents a finished background of classical rhetoric, one who is bound to turn into a regular for its time.
Whilst most folks think about wikis, the first---and often the only---thing that involves brain is Wikipedia. The editors of Wiki Writing: Collaborative studying within the university lecture room, Robert E. Cummings and Matt Barton, have assembled a set of essays that demanding situations this universal false impression, delivering an attractive and invaluable array of views at the many urgent theoretical and functional concerns that wikis elevate.
A operating advisor for college kids undertaking theological writing and examine on theology and religious study classes, this e-book integrates the disciplines of writing, rhetoric, and theology, to supply a typical textual content for the educating and mentoring of writing around the theological curriculum. As a theological rhetoric, it additionally encourages excellence in theological writing within the public area via aiding to equip scholars for his or her wider vocations as writers, preachers, and communicators in a number of ministerial contexts.
Das Handbuch Gesprächsrhetorik repräsentiert den Forschungsstand zu rhetorischen Verfahren sprachlichen Gemeinschaftshandelns zum Zwecke der Verständigung im conversation. Im Unterschied zu rein orator-bezogenen Konzeptionen der Rhetorik ist die Gesprächsrhetorik interessiert an allen Modalitäten mutueller Beeinflussung und Problemlösung in sozio-kommunikativen Prozessen der (sprachlichen) Zeichenverwendung.
- Demythologizing Language Difference in the Academy: Establishing Discipline-Based Writing Programs
- Milton and the Politics of Public Speech
- Stumping God: Reagan, Carter, and the Invention of a Political Faith (Studies in Rhetoric and Religion)
- Thomas Aquinas on Persuasion: Action, Ends, and Natural Rhetoric
Extra info for A Companion to Greek Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Greek Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Ian Worthington