By Graeme Harper
A spouse to artistic Writing comprehensively considers key points of the perform, career and tradition of inventive writing within the modern world.
- The such a lot entire assortment particularly in relation to the practices and cultural position of artistic writing
- Covers not just the “how” of artistic writing, yet many extra subject matters in and round the occupation and cultural practices surrounding artistic writing
- Features contributions from foreign writers, editors, publishers, critics, translators, experts in public paintings and more
- Covers the writing of poetry, fiction, new media, performs, motion pictures, radio works, and different literary genres and forms
- Explores inventive writing’s engagement with tradition, language, spirituality, politics, schooling, and heritage
Read or Download A Companion to Creative Writing (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best rhetoric books
George Kennedy's 3 volumes on classical rhetoric have lengthy been considered as authoritative remedies of the topic. This new quantity, an intensive revision and abridgment of The artwork of Persuasion in Greece, The paintings of Rhetoric within the Roman global, and Greek Rhetoric below Christian Emperors, presents a entire background of classical rhetoric, one who is bound to develop into a regular for its time.
Whilst most folks examine wikis, the first---and frequently the only---thing that involves brain is Wikipedia. The editors of Wiki Writing: Collaborative studying within the collage lecture room, Robert E. Cummings and Matt Barton, have assembled a suite of essays that demanding situations this universal false impression, supplying an interesting and worthwhile array of views at the many urgent theoretical and useful concerns that wikis bring up.
A operating advisor for college students accomplishing theological writing and examine on theology and religious study classes, this booklet integrates the disciplines of writing, rhetoric, and theology, to supply a customary textual content for the instructing and mentoring of writing around the theological curriculum. As a theological rhetoric, it additionally encourages excellence in theological writing within the public area through aiding to equip scholars for his or her wider vocations as writers, preachers, and communicators in numerous ministerial contexts.
Das Handbuch Gesprächsrhetorik repräsentiert den Forschungsstand zu rhetorischen Verfahren sprachlichen Gemeinschaftshandelns zum Zwecke der Verständigung im conversation. Im Unterschied zu rein orator-bezogenen Konzeptionen der Rhetorik ist die Gesprächsrhetorik interessiert an allen Modalitäten mutueller Beeinflussung und Problemlösung in sozio-kommunikativen Prozessen der (sprachlichen) Zeichenverwendung.
- Becoming an Academic Writer: 50 Exercises for Paced, Productive, and Powerful Writing
- Towards a 'Natural' Narratology
- Counter-Narrative: How Progressive Academics Can Challenge Extremists and Promote Social Justice
- Deep Rhetoric: Philosophy, Reason, Violence, Justice, Wisdom
- Digital Griots: African American Rhetoric in a Multimedia Age (Studies in Writing and Rhetoric)
Additional info for A Companion to Creative Writing (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Creative Writing (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Graeme Harper